The SJJA Women’s Program caters for all ages and fitness levels, no prior martial art experience necessary. Designed by World Champion Brown Belt instructor Samantha Grevet, it combines fitness training with comprehensive self-defence drills that simulate realistic attack and escape situations. Whether your priority is learning self-defence, losing weight or gaining confidence, the SJJA team will be there to motivate you all the way. Just as pressure makes diamonds, we believe that facing challenges head-on can unlock unimaginable strength in our mind, body and spirit.
As a martial art designed to allow the smaller opponent to defeat the bigger, learning Brazilian Jiu-jitsu at SJJA is a great path to empowerment for women interested in learning self-defence and making friends in a safe and social environment.
As well as the world’s most effective martial art, students learn lifelong values that will translate into other parts of their life, from home to work to socialising. World Champion Bruno Alves created SJJA with his winning mindset at its core so that his students can learn to think like a champion on and off the mats.
SJJA values include:
• High calorie-burning session
• Learn how to protect yourself from most common attacks
• Increase focus, energy and self-confidence
• Feel safer in the knowledge you can defend yourself against bigger opponents
• Enjoy significant gains in overall fitness
• Join a supportive community
• Have fun in a safe and social environment
• Start thinking like a champion on and off the mats
High calorie burning session
Learn how to protect yourself from most common sexual attacks
Increase focus, energy and concentration
Enjoy significant gains in overall fitness level
Build strong bonds with like-minded women
Have fun in a safe and social environment